st jude’s pediatric counselor
Mitchell’s Fund grants $65K for a full time MA in Counseling and Registered Play Therapy to respond to the growing need for clinical psychology support for pediatric cancer patients. The Fund also provides social and therapeutic activities to the 15 bed pediatric mental health unit at Novant Health.
- Met 169 patients and family members.
- Counseled 46 patients for a total of 155 sessions.
- Accounted for 376 direct patient and family encounters.
- Provided, on average, 17 counseling sessions each week.
Of 46 counseling patients, 31 are active or currently seeking counseling; 7 are inactive/not seeking counseling at this time; 3 ended counseling with goals met; 3 transferred to other facilities; 1 transferred to higher car; 1 is deceased.
THE ST. JUDE AFFILIATE CLINIC THERAPY PRACTICE OFFERS:
- Play Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Grief Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
THE COUNSELOR HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WITH:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Issues of Change and Loss
- Pain from medical diagnosis and/or treatment procedures
Mitchell Bays Turner Pediatric Fund
c/o Novant Health Foundation
Presbyterian Medical Center
P.O. Box 33549
Charlotte, NC 28233-3549